What is adult day care?
Adult day care provides a daytime program for adults with cognitive and physical impairments who will benefit from social stimulation, peer interaction, recreational activities and nutritious meals in a safe, secure environment. Through participation in a day care program, adults with impairments such as Alzheimer’s Disease, vascular dementia, Parkinson’s, stroke- related memory loss and mild cognitive impairment are able to continue living with their family members in the comfort and familiarity of home while receiving the care and attention they need during the day, This also allows the caregiver to work or use the daytime hours for personal business and tasks or much needed respite.
What are the advantages of attending Fuente De Vida Adult Day Care?
- Social interaction and recreational activities designed specifically for adults with memory impairments.
- A professional staff including a nurse, activities coordinator, social worker and trained personal care assistants.
- Eight-hours programs, 6 day a week from 7:30 am- 3:30pm
- A choice of two, three, four, five or six days a week attendance.
- Nutritious breakfasts, lunches and snacks.
- A bright, well-designed physical environment to meet the needs of adults with cognitive and physical impairments.
- A secured environment for caregiver’s peace of mind.
- Formal and informal support for caregivers: support groups, educational workshops, individual and family counseling, care planning, information and referral.
- Specialized services such a bathing, showering, hair washing and set
- An active volunteer program
- Inter-generational activities and regularly scheduled cultural and musical guests.
What is the cost?
There are a variety of sources for financial assistance ranging from long-term care insurance to programs offered by the Area Agency on Aging and the Veterans Administration. We will assist you in identifying appropriate funding options.
Please call us atto find out what financial assistance is available to you or your loved one.
How does the admission process work?
Interested families may call our office ator come by anytime for more information, to take a visit or to pick up an application packet. This packet includes a client application and a form to be completed by the potential participant’s physician. The admission process may take from 2 to 6 weeks